I'm looking
for help...
Aidpage is free!

Free downloads: GrantGate®  Federal Money Retriever®

Environmental Justice Hazardous Substances Research Small Grants to Community Groups

Published on AidPage by IDILOGIC on Jun 24, 2005

How to apply...

Application Procedure:

The standard application forms as furnished by the Federal agency and required by OMB Circular No. A-102 and A-110 must be used for this program. EPA requires final applications to be made on Standard Form 424. Requests for an application kit must be submitted to the Environmental Protection Agency, Grants Administration Division, 3903R, Washington, DC 20460 or through the appropriate EPA Regional Office listed in Additional Contact Information - FMR Help. Additional information on the EPA grant package can be found at: http://www.epa.gov/ogd/AppKit/contents.htm. Requests for Applications will specify application procedures. Potential applicants under the Environmental Justice Hazardous Substance Research Small Grants to Community Groups are to submit an original application package plus 2 copies to their respective Regional EPA Environmental Justice Office. This is a competitive grant program. The EPA Office of Environmental Justice does not accept unsolicited proposals or make non-competitive awards for this program.

Note: Each program will indicate whether applications are to be submitted to the Federal headquarters, regional or local office, or to a State or local government office.

Award Procedure:

EPA will review applications or proposals in accordance with the criteria specified in the Request for Applications or Request for Initial Proposals. Applicants selected for an award under the Environmental Justice Hazardous Substances Research Small Grants program will be notified and may be requested to furnish additional information, if needed. Competitions will be conducted under EPA Order No. 5700.5, Policy for Competition in Assistance Agreements (9/12/02).

Note: Grant payments may be made by a letter of credit, advance by Treasury check, or reimbursement by Treasury check. Awards may be made by the headquarters office directly to the applicant, an agency field office, a regional office, or by an authorized county office. The assistance may pass through the initial applicant for further distribution by intermediate level applicants to groups or individuals in the private sector.